SSN and W-9 Form Updates/Reminders
- Any participant that will be paid through the Participant Payment system must have a W-9 form (or a W-8Ben form for those who are not US citizens) filled out. Please collect this at the time of enrollment and upload it into OnCore in the Subject Console for each participant.
- Please ensure the full given name of the participant as well as the correct mailing address is listed in the W-9 or W-8 forms. These are verified through the IRS system and will require updates if there is not an exact match.
- In order for the monthly report to Tax Services and A/P office to be complete, please make sure that OnCore has the participants’ full given name and correct mailing address. Confirm that the Participant Payment system SSN field matches the W-9 or W-8 forms.
- The IRB must approve any exceptions for collection of tax documentation where there is concern for civil and criminal liability. You can submit the Payment Process Exception Form with a new application or amendment.
- Please remember to put in a Service Now request for eReg related issues/problems. This will ensure the correct person is able to help as there have been some changes in our eReg team. This includes training, access, and other eReg related concerns.
The Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) is excited to announce the new “e-consent template” now available in the CTSI REDCap project template library. This project was a collaborative effort with the Utah Data Coordinating Center, the Institutional Review Board, and the Clinical and Translational Science Institute.
With the recent 21 CFR Part 11 validation of the CTSI’s instance of REDCap, this “e-consent template” can be used for studies where electronic consent is desired or required at no charge. However, FDA regulated studies require additional administrative oversight and recharge services to meet the requirements for 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
Please visit the eConsent information page to access training, guidance and instructions to request a new project or to request CTSI Biomedical Informatics Core (BMIC) services to help set up your project to use this new template for eConsent.
Throughout Fall 2023, the CTSI BMIC will be hosting presentations on how to use the template and tailoring it to meet your study needs. A list of scheduled presentations and information sessions is available at the CTSI REDCap home page. Please contact the CTSI BMIC service desk for assistance or additional information to help you get started.
The CTSI BMIC REDCap team will be presenting the launch of these new eConsent tools on Thursday, Oct 26th, at 2pm.
Beginning November 3rd, the first Friday of every month will be dedicated to an eConsent Presentation starting at 8 am.
Login to the CTSI REDCap instance to access the zoom links for each of the above sessions.