PIVOT Center is hosting the inaugural University of Utah Innovation Awards on Monday, October 2. These awards recognize the incredible researchers at the U who are working to translate their research into technologies that benefit the public.
Each year PIVOT Center will recognize those who received patents or Ascender Grants in the last fiscal year, participated in entrepreneurial programming and all NAI chapter members. In addition, the following awards can be presented:
- Excellence in Innovation Undergraduate Student Award: The Excellence in Innovation Graduate Student Award recognizes an undergraduate student who has shown excellence in academics and efforts to improve society through translational research and/or invention development.
- Excellence in Innovation Graduate Student Award: The Excellence in Innovation Graduate Student Award recognizes a graduate student who has shown excellence in academics and efforts to improve society through translational research and/or invention development.
- Breakthrough of the Year: The Breakthrough of the Year award recognizes an invention or discovery that has created a meaningful difference in society.
- Advancement of EDI in Research Award: This award recognizes research teams or individuals committed to building equitable, diverse and inclusive teams and/or research environments. Award recipients have dedicated meaningful time and energy to upholding the university’s commitment to an equitable and diverse community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: The Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual that has created a deep and widespread impact through innovation. Throughout their career, this individual has lent their knowledge, skill, and time to fill unmet needs in society with transformative solutions.
- Investigator on the Rise: This award recognizes an early-career faculty member who has made an outstanding achievement that impacts the innovation world through a new patent, license, or startup.
- Innovator of the Year: The Innovator of the Year is an established university researcher who has made a notable achievement in innovation that benefits society and creates economic impact in the past year.
- Global Impact Award: The Global Impact award recognizes an established university researcher whose technology transfer efforts have made a tangible and lasting impact on the populace or marketplace ranging from a local to global scale.
Visit the PIVOT website for more information or to nominate a researcher.